For those wishing to explore this topic in greater detail to support international students with their studies, there are a range of reading resources available online and in the University Library, these are listed below.
Buttons located at the base of this page will open hosted documents in a new tab – and as elsewhere, these will be extended as more content relevant to disseminate is collated.
- Using English for Academic Purposes – www.euefap.net (sections on writing, reading, listening and speaking, as well as grammar and vocabulary. Regularly updated. Contains useful phrases and exercises with answers – good for self-study
- Bailey, Stephen (2017). Academic Writing: A Handbook for International Students (5th ed.). London: Routledge – good for self-study, older editions equally useful > copies in the Library
- Bailey, Stephen (2015). Academic Writing for International Students of Business (2nd ed.). London: Routledge. > copies in the Library + e-book
- Bottomley, Jane (2015). Academic Writing for International Students of Science. Abington, Oxon, and New York: Routledge. > copies in the Library + e-book
- Courtney, Michael and Du, Xiangping (2015). Study Skills for Chinese Students. London: Sage. > copies in the Library + e-book
- Sage Study Skills content: SAGE study skills books – helping students study smarter (sagepub.com)
- Sage Study Skills / Student Success series of reference books – great for self-study. Teaching staff can get inspection copies.