- This event has passed.
LALT Showcase: Education in a Digital Age
7th November 2017, 10:00 am - 4:30 pm
Aimed at both staff and students, this is a one-day LALT event will be celebrating and showcasing best practice across the University with presentations from colleagues, demonstrations and hands-on workshops with the theme of ‘Education in the Digital Age’.
Throughout the day the presentations, showcase’s and workshops will be running parallel and available for staff and students to attend. You can choose multiple workshops at a time and please note some workshops are repeated throughout the day.
Workshops and presentations will be running throughout the day. Stay for the whole day or just drop in for 20 mins – there’s something for everyone and it promises to be a great day to inspire, inform and engage with this important aspect of learning & teaching.To secure your place on any of the workshops, please register and select the workshops you wish to attend by clicking on this link to Eventbrite.
Workshops will have limited availability due to space restrictions. Priority will be given to those who book in advance.
- Create it: Immersive Learning (creating your own 360 video)
- Experience it: Virtual Reality
- Library Workshops from TALIS
- Experience it: Augmented Reality
- Panopto Workshops
- Turnitin Workshops
- Lynda.com Workshops
- Using Social Media to Enhance Learning (Eric Stoller)
- Immersive Learning : Using 360 Virtual Reality
- Using Flipped Learning to Enhance the Student Experience
- Using Broadcast Media in University Teaching
- Exploring Emerging Realities in Education
- Using Collaborate Ultra with Distance Learners
- Digital Solutions to Student Feedback
- Digi Psych Blogazines and Creating a Digital Community
- Video-Based Exercises
- Co_Lab – Creative Processes in Online Collaboration
- Teaching with MACE
- Using Microsoft Forms to Map a Learning Journey
- Eric Stoller: Transforming Education through Social Media and Digital Engagement
If you haven’t booked you can sign up on the day but we cannot guarantee that you will be able to attend the workshop.
TIMETABLE FOR THE DAY
Below you can find information and timings of both the presentations and workshops that are happening throughout the day.
For more information regarding events please email: firstname.lastname@example.org