- This event has passed.
Getting the most out of Student Participation with Poll Everywhere
January 24, 2:00 pm - 3:00 pm
Increase student participation and interactivity inside of your lecturers using a free tool called ‘Poll Everywhere’. This tool provides an exciting, digital solution to encourage and
enhance student participation in lectures and seminars via the creation of live polls and immediate response.
Many academics have started using this tool to enhance their learning and teaching. An academic stated that “It’s useful in engaging students in large lecture theatres, either at
the start or during the course of lecture classes”. Another academic said that “The students definitely like it – we’ve had PASS leaders (peer support tutors) using it in small group
classes with first-year students”.
Using Poll Everywhere will allow you to:
- Increase student engagement, collaboration and interactivity in a new and exciting way in lectures and seminars
- Involving students in live response direct from their phone or tablet
- Engage with all students through online response or text message
- Directly inform the topic you are teaching and assess student understanding with clear and immediate results
- Run formative quizzes and surveys with a large or small group of students in a controlled and engaging way
- Make introductory and welcome sessions more engaging with interesting ice-breakers run through Poll Everywhere
- Simple– Sign up for a pilot account in minuets and begin creating polls straight
- Agile – Whether in a lecture theatre, a seminar room or on your tablet or mobile device, you can run polls from wherever you are
- Engaging – Students will enjoy this new, interactive method of engagement
- Flexible – A wide variety of question types can be created using the tool
- Targeted – Cohorts and groups can be set up and Poll Everywhere has a range of in-depth tracking and analytics that can be harnessed
- Robust – You can re-use polls, again and again, share them with colleagues and the responses keep on adding up
For more information regarding events please email: email@example.com