LALT Academy Board
Supporting Pedagogical Practice through the LALT Engagement Team
The Lincoln Academy of Learning and Teaching is a supported and enabling space to allow staff to work together and share good practice around learning and teaching.
The Academy Board, chaired by the Deputy Vice Chancellor for Student Development & Engagement, oversees the activities of the Lincoln Academy of Learning and Teaching Administrative Support. It will debate and direct projects to enhance teaching and learning practice at the University of Lincoln on behalf of Education Student Life Committee.
The Dean of LALT provides academic leadership to the LALT Engagement Team and liaises with and provides academic input to the Dean of Digital Education and the Director of Digital Student Life and their teams.
Terms of Reference
- To direct the development and implementation of LALT’s processes and procedures
- To support the Dean of LALT in achieving the aims of their manifesto project and in developing and supporting the community of teaching and learning at the University of Lincoln
- To identify, receive and prioritise all proposals to support key elements of the University strategic plan
- To receive, disseminate and generate examples of internal and external best practice
- To allocate resources to, and monitor progress of, projects approved by the Board
- To monitor relevant internal and external developments, and take account of them, in the development of LALT activities
- To regularly report to ESLC and TEGS on activities and plans
- To oversee the activities of the LALT engagement Team Administrative Support
Deputy Vice Chancellor for Student Development (Chair)
Dean of LALT
Head of Administrative Support for LALT
College Directors of Education
Dean of Digital Engagement
Dean of Postgraduate Taught
Dean of Student Learning Development and University Librarian
VP Education, Students’ Union
Academic Representative: Programme Leaders Forum
Academic Representative: Digital Leads Forum
Academic Representative: Student Engagement Forum
Academic Representative: Senior Tutors Forum
Quoracy will be a minimum of six ex officio members and one academic representative.
The Board will meet up to four times per annum.
Project requests should be initiated by emailing email@example.com to feed into the Board for consideration. The Academy Board meets every month so requests received by LALT can be considered promptly.