Teaching Excellence Framework Outcomes
The University of Lincoln in renowned for innovation in teaching and learning good practice, and following the Teaching Excellence Frame (TEF) was awarded Gold standard- the highest award. The following statement is provided by HEFCE:
“The University metrics, supplemented by the submission, indicate that students from all backgrounds, studying either part-time or full-time, achieve outstanding outcomes. Very high proportions continue with their studies and progress to highly skilled employment or further study, notably exceeding the University’s benchmarks. The metrics indicate outstanding levels of satisfaction with teaching, assessment and feedback, and academic support, notably exceeding the University’s benchmark.
The Panel considered the University submission in relation to the TEF criteria and its judgement reflects, in particular, additional evidence of:
- A comprehensive and embedded approach to student engagement that provides opportunities for students and staff to work closely together through a range of initiatives
- An embedded institutional culture that provides a strong approach to personalised learning, in particular through the operation of the personal tutor system which is characterised by very high levels of engagement and the provision of learner analytics to enable tutors to proactively monitor student progression
- A comprehensive and embedded approach to student engagement in relation to course design and development; there is an institutional ethos of Students as Producers, which is effectively embedded into all programmes, stretching students to develop their independence, understanding and skills to reflect their full potential
- Outstanding physical and digital resources which pervade all aspects of student experience, including state-of-the-art teaching spaces and extensive library usage with investment into the use of e-resources
- An embedded institutional culture that facilitates, recognises and rewards excellent teaching, which is a particular strength.
Overall, the TEF Panel judged that the combination of evidence in the provider metrics and the provider submission best fits the descriptor for a Gold award.”
For further information see: https://www.officeforstudents.org.uk/advice-and-guidance/teaching/tef-outcomes/#/provider/10007151